HKETS works with a number of dedicated tutors specialising in different subject areas. All our tutors are honours degree graduates with many obtaining post-graduate qualifications. They are very professional and have extensive experience in helping students with many of the international examinations popular in Hong Kong and overseas. You are welcome and encouraged to talk with our tutors to discuss any matters regarding how best to tailor a tuition plan suitable for the needs of your child.
Tutors' Code of Ethics
- I will keep all information about the student whom I am assigned confidential.
- I will be on time for tutoring appointments, not only out of courtesy, but to be a good example for my student to follow.
- I will maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions as expected and required.
- I will give honest feedback to the student and parents I serve and will not insult him or her with false hope or empty flattery.
- I will show respect for my student's cultural background and personal value system.
- I understand that my role as a tutor is to never do the student's work for him or her.
- I recognize that I may not have all the answers to student questions. In this event, I will seek assistance in finding the correct information.
- I will respect my student's personal dignity at all times.
- I understand that my ultimate goal is to assist my student to become an independent learner.
- I understand that my relationship to the student is professional and not personal.
- I will share any concerns I have with HKETS and the parents of the student.
Application for Tutoring Posts
We are always looking for tutors who are interested in helping young people excel academically. If you feel that you have the background and dedication to help, please send us your resumé highlighting your educational background and any relevant teaching experience which you may have.